Saturday 21 March 2015

DIY Blanket Scarf

Blanket scarfs are very trendy where I live in Canada but I am not satisfied with the price tags of many that I've seen in stores. This sparked the idea that I could simply recreate one myself. This DIY project is not only cost effective but really easy! This blog post is in correspondence to my YouTube video.

Materials:
- 1.5m x 1.5m of Cotton Flannel (I suggest using 2m x 2m if you are taller than me: 5'3)
- Scissors
- Tweezers

I purchased the fabric from Fabric Land for $7. 



Step 1: Using your scissors, recut all the edges of the fabric to ensure you have a really straight cut. This step is crucial because Step 2 will be difficult if the fabric isn't cut straight to start. If your fabric is plaid like mine, I recommend cutting along a line in the design for accuracy. 

Step 2: Lay the fabric out on a flat surface and using your tweezers begin pulling out threads horizontally to create a fringe. Continue this process until your fringe is approximately 1cm in length. This step can be tedious but the results are worth it! 



For more details, check out the video below to see how I made my scarves:



- Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment